U.S. H and J Visas for Medical Professionals. How To Apply? - AMEBO ONLINE NEWSPAPER


"Feeding the world with authentic news from the source....."

U.S. H and J Visas for Medical Professionals. How To Apply?

Share This

Medical professionals seeking to work in the United States on a work or exchange visitor, particularly those working to treat or mitigate the effects of COVID-19, to reach out to the nearest embassy or consulate to request a visa appointment.

For those foreign medical professionals already in the United States:

J-1 Alien Physicians (medical residents) may consult with their program sponsor, ECFMG, to extend their programs in the United States.  Generally, a J-1 program for a foreign medical resident can be extended one year at a time for up to seven years.

Note that the expiration date on a U.S. visa does not determine how long one can be in the United States.  The way to confirm one’s required departure date is here: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home.

Those who need to extend their stay or adjust their visa status must apply with USCIS.  Their website is here:  https://www.uscis.gov/visit-united-states/extend-your-stay

No comments:

Post a comment