SURPRISING! See What CJN Onnoghen And Tanko Did Despite Tussle As These People Were Stopped From Entering Lagos State - AMEBO FEEDS BLOG

AMEBO FEEDS BLOG

"Feeding the world with authentic news from the source....."

Breaking

Saturday, 9 February 2019

SURPRISING! See What CJN Onnoghen And Tanko Did Despite Tussle As These People Were Stopped From Entering Lagos State


The queries issued on the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria Walter Onnoghen and the acting Chief Justice of Nigeria, and the acting Chief Justice of Nigeria, Tanko Mohammed have been replied by the two of them.

The suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Walter Onnoghen and the acting CJN Tanko Mohammed have responded to the queries served them by the National Judicial Council (NJC), Daily Trust reports..

The NJC had at its meeting on Tuesday, January 29 directed Justice Onnoghen to respond to a petition by Zikhrillahi Ibrahim of Resource Centre for Human Rights & Civil Education, while Justice Mohammed was directed to respond to two petitions by the Centre for Justice and Peace Initiative, and Olisa Agbakoba (SAN).

The petition against CJN Onnoghen is believed to border on alleged non-declaration of assets, which was the case brought against him by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) in Abuja after an earlier petition by Dennis Aghanya of the Anti-Corruption and Research Based Data Initiative (ARDI).

The acting CJN Mohammed is facing allegations by Agbakoba of presenting himself to be sworn-in as acting CJN without the recommendation of the NJC. The replies, which were said to have been made since on Tuesday February 5, has not been made public, but Justice Onnoghen had in his statement to the CCB explained that he forgot to declare some of the domiciliary accounts linked to him.

Meanwhile, the NJC will reconvene to consider the responses of the two justices on Monday February 11. A staff, who has knowledge of the NJC, said before the meeting, a panel of about five members may have already been constituted to review the replies for presentation to the meeting of the whole house.

“If the NJC is not satisfied with their responses, they may set up another panel. It would not be more than two days. But I envisage a situation where the NJC would act swiftly because of the situation,” the source said.

In another development, The Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, and the Lagos State Government said all oil tankers and trailers will not be allowed to enter Lagos today and Saturday due President Muhammadu Buhari’s mega rally billed for the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere area of Lagos, Southwest Nigeria.

Over 100,000 APC faithful are expected to throng the stadium to show their support for Buhari on Saturday and many routes in the area have been restricted to motorists or outrightly shutdown.

Lagos State Sector Commander, FRSC,  Hyginus Omeje said all trucks had been restricted from coming to Lagos beginning from Friday and tomorrow in order to prevent extreme traffic gridlock.

“As from Friday (today) no truck comes into Lagos State. Most of these routes that will be closed is where these trucks normally pass to Wharf,” he said during an interactive session with newsmen.

He said those already in Lagos and were constituting nuisance on Ikorodu Road would be cleared.

Omeje said the trucks could stay at Ogere until Buhari had concluded his mega rally in Lagos, saying that there were lots of spaces in those areas for them to stay.

Also, 500 officers of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA, and 150 FRSC officials would be deployed to manage traffic on Saturday when Buhari comes visiting for his mega rally.

What are your thoughts on this story?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ogun 2019: Vote Ademola Ogunbanjo as Governor

Ogun 2019: Vote Ademola Ogunbanjo as Governor

Ogun 2019: Vote Ademola Ogunbanjo as Governor

Ogun 2019: Vote Ademola Ogunbanjo as Governor

Pages